- Category: Materials and Recycling
- Written by Mei-Ling Shek
A Discussion And Video Session Hosted By Mei-Ling Shek
This one-hour webcast is the second in a series on recycling, sponsored by GreenBiz, and looks at how regulators and private industry can apply the principles of Sustainable Materials Management (SMM). Come join us to learn:
• What does the paradigm shift to sustainable materials management imply in terms of balancing the recycling goals of environmental benefit, economics and material recovery?
• What is the value of setting and updating goals ?
• Why are the concepts of Sustainable Materials Management and lifecycle thinking critical?
• How do changes in the global economy, packaging trends and recycling programs require that we update our thinking on handling today’s waste stream?